This visiting fellowships is made possible thanks to Medacta International which has funded this programme. The programme provides fellowship visits with a focus on the total hip and knee replacement specialising on the anterior approach for THR and patient matched technology for TKR.
Applications are open to orthopaedic specialists according to their national regulations and being under 45 years of age as well as to residents in their last year of residency, from the following countries:
- South Africa,
- United Kingdom, and
- United States of America.
Candidates may apply for short-, medium- or long-term fellowships in order to visit one of the recognized host centres. Please consult the list of hosting centres (PDF document, 2 pages, 245kb) for further information about them. Please note that the visits with longer duration are preferred!
The total grant amount per accepted fellow depends on the length of the visit. The grant is meant to cover major part of the fellow’s travel and living expenses during the visit.
In order to submit an application, the following documents together with the completed application form need to be submitted:
- Copy of applicant’s MD license.
- Copy of applicant’s license as an orthopaedic specialist OR residency registration certificate.
- Two (2) recent letters of recommendation issued within last 12 months.
All applications will be periodically reviewed by the EFORT Foundation evaluation committee as follows:
- 1st Application round: Application period runs from December of the given year to March of the following year.
- Final decisions will be communicated to the applicants at latest by May of the same year.
- 2nd Application round: Application period runs from April to August in the given year.
- Final decisions will be communicated to the applicants at latest by October of the same year.
- 3rd Application round: Application period runs from September to November in the given year.
- Final decisions will be communicated to the applicants at latest by January of the following year.
Language requirements have to be determined on a case-by-case basis by the host centre, and have to be matched with the fellow’s language skills.
A new application is mandatory if any modifications in length and/or in host centres’ destination are made by the applicant during the application process.
To apply please go to https://www.grantfolio.com/efort/